Monday, March 21, 2011

Pierre Josef Redoute and a bunch of artwork

(Wish we could get the scanner to cooperate, but for some reason it saves the pictures in a format that we can't edit - so we can't turn the scanned pictures right side up for some reason. Hopefully we will get that figured out soon. This first picture is a partial drawing. The whole picture is under it, sideways).

I have been studying about Pierre Josef Redoute. He was a man who loved to paint flowers. He lived in France. This is a picture of him drawing a picture of what he loves, which is flowers. In France there are no monkeys, but I just like to draw them, so I put one on the tree (if you don't know what that is).



This is the real book about Redoute, and I read the whole thing within two days. Then Kaya and I read it together.

For geography today, I was playing a game that I had to put the states of the United States in the right place on a blank map. They put each state above the map, and I had to click on it and put it in the right place, which I didn't do very well. But Mom says I can practice and play again.

For my birthday, I got this glow in the dark thing. First I have to punch out the designs. Then all I have to do is color with the special markers and then take an activator marker and activate it totally. It glows for four hours, but I can never stay awake that long. I like to hang them on the ceiling 'cause I have the top bunk bed. There are a lot more designs but my Mom just took pictures of these two.


These are sticky Bendaroos sticks. I got these for my birthday too. You just stick them together and make the animal or design that it shows on the card.


Here I made a seahorse. I wanted it to be orange because that's my favorite color.

No comments:

Post a Comment