Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Third Grade Math Book Completed!!!

Today we are celebrating! The third grade math book is finished! Now he gets a week or two break, and then we dive into fourth grade :)

Nick says, "Tucker didn't help me on my math, but he did help me celebrate. This math book was all about multiplication. I learned how to multiply in this book, and I didn't like it so much. But I got used to it."

This book covered multiplication, clear up to multiplying huge numbers such as 489,276 x 592 and such. It also taught how to figure area and perimeter of rectangles, and converting measurements such as miles to feet, teaspoons to tablespoons, feet to inches or yards, pounds to tons, ounces to pounds and so on. We are really pleased with this curriculum - Math-U-See.

This picture is especially for Aunt Staci, who asked if we really were doing cursive writing already. Yes, we are. This is one of the pages from his workbook. He was given this set of sentences to copy. Then he added the "Yes!" on his own :) Ask a dumb question...

No comments:

Post a Comment